Oil on our skin is a natural and very important thing. It protects your skin from drying out, it keeps your skin supple and maintain its balance.
The oily phase is secreted by the sebaceous gland in a substance called sebum. The problem of oily skin appears when the sebaceous glands over produce sebum causing a shiny look, clog your pores and deregulate your skin balance leading to many skin imperfections.
There are 5 main causes of oily skin:
1. Genetics: you can blame your parents! Oily skin can pass on through genes..
2. Weather: Warm and hot weather tend to stimulate the production of sebum while cold and arid climate can dry out your skin
3. Food: eating too much sugar and dairy can lead to over producing sebum. A beautiful skin starts in your plate
4. Wrong skincare routine: the wrong beauty product can increase the shiny aspect and bring to much oil to your skin already oily. Additionally, the skin needs to be correlty moisturized if you do not want your skin to compensate by producing even more sebum.
5. Hormonal: Androgens are the hormones mostly responsible for oil production, and sometimes they can fluctuate, stimulating an increase in sebum production.